Sunday, June 1, 2008

Breast Cancer Research Bike Ride



This morning is the second annual Ride Cincinnati in memory of Marlene Harris, who died after a 15 year battle with breast cancer. Last year I rode and I plan to ride today. Last year, the first year of the ride, the ride raised $132,000 for breast cancer research, today they may raise $200,000. This is my 100th posting and I can think of no better posting for this milestone than to raise our awareness of the important work that is being done to eliminate breast cancer. I am posting a photo of an old bike rider from this year's ride.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I KNOW you're a funny man, but when this page first opened in my browser, I said to myself, "Why is Fred wearing that funny wig with the pigtails?"

moneythoughts said...

Well, I completed an 18.6 mile ride on a mountain bike that my late wife had bought. Mountain bike tires do not roll as easy as street tires, so I have to work a little harder, but I get a good workout. The picture is from last year's ride and that is a pink helmet cover they passed out for everyone in the ride to wear. Luckily they did not do that this year. Dr. Harris, a friend from high school, who with two friends put this ride together told me they had 1,300 riders this morning and that they may raise about $200,000 for breast cancer research. The weather was clear, warm and a little humid, but I survived it and had some fun.

Fred

Vikki North said...

Well I think that 'old bike rider' is pretty cute. And you know the old saying, "Only real men wear pink."

Great charity to be involved with, Fred.

Vikki

moneythoughts said...

Hi Vikki,

I have a pink dress shirt and a pink tie, and a pink golf shirt. So, by your definition, I guess I am a real man. The bike ride was fun and we had a beautiful day here in the Queen City for a bike ride.