Thursday, June 6, 2013

Mother & Child in Black Tabernacle Frame 2013

The final painting is pretty close to this photo and most people would not even recognize any difference, so I am posting this photo until I take one when it is hanging on a wall.  A friend has invited me to hang it in his gallery so I am going to do that.  The piece is made of 1/2" birch plywood and pine, glue, nails, gesso and acrylic paint.  It weighs about 28 pounds and is about 37" in height. I am comfortable with the way the piece turned out.  I have wanted to make a smaller version of a tabernacle frame I made and exhibited in Covington and Chicago in 1992.  That piece was 6 feet by 4 feet and was painted in oil on board.  The wood frame was covered in gold metal leaf.
Mother & Child: An American Icon by F.D. Zigler, oil on board w/gold metal leaf, 1992.

1 comment:

Butch said...

Wow, such talent. It is you ability that you can think of things and then express these thoughts onto objects. Mother and Child, I doubt if I would have ever thought of that and yet this is what America is. Maybe that is why we are so close to England and not the rest of the world. It's not the commonality of the language that is spoken, hell most of the Canadians speak English, but in reality most children do not stray far from their mothers wombs. I will say again, very impressed.

Haven't been on much lately, who would think that you can stay soooo busy without a job, (retired)?