Saturday, April 26, 2008

Saturday Is For Art



These two paintings are examples of my earliest work, and were completed before the exhibit of my art work at The Carnegie Arts Center. That exhibit opened May 1, 1992 in Covington, Kentucky. The top painting is four feet by four feet square and is on board. I used enamel paint for the flag and the background is oil paint. This piece is titled American Flag Makes the Scene, and is dated 1988-89. The second painting is also painted with enamel and oil paint and measures three feet by four feet, and is dated 1991. The title of this painting is Untitled For Now. I am what is known today as an "outsider artist" because I am not part of a school of art and because I am not a professional artist. Outsider art exists all over the world. Sometimes if the work is primitive in its appearance it is known as "folk art".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I suppose mine would be 'early primitive folk'. Yours, on the other hand, is really good stuff.