Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday Is For Art




January 31, 2009, the end of the first month of the year and only two more months of cold and snowy weather. In addition to the Obama postage stamp painting that I post today, I will post a couple of photos from this past week's snow fall. I want to repeat, I take pictures, I am not a photographer, so please realize that I just click and shoot. That's it, I don't do any more.

The Obama postage stamp painting was inspired by the recent ESQUIRE magazine cover. I changed it a bit and rather than paint President Obama in red and shades of blue, I painted him in shades of raw sienna and white mixed. I am thinking about reducing the image and printing them on 19"x13" paper on an Epson printer and offering them for sale. But then I might just reduce them down to the size of a postage stamp and sell sheets of them as stickers for people to use when they write their elected representatives. If you support the policies of the Obama administration, perhaps when you write to Washington it is good to let them know where you stand.

I hope everyone has a nice safe weekend and enjoy the Super Bowl if you are a fan.

No comments: