Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Altarpiece: Slow progress


I finally got the case for the altarpiece put together with the help of my friend Stert. Now I am going to have to wait for some dry weather so I can get my table saw out of the garage and continue the project. So, this will be the last picture of the altarpiece for a while. The next step will be cutting the doors and putting on the hinges. Once this is completed, I will take the doors off and remove the hinges and begin painting. The first coats will be latex primer, and I may even use gesso before putting down the drawings that will be painted with acrylics. I have had a number of ideas for what I will put on the outside of the doors, but since they will be open when the piece is displayed, I think I know what I want to do. My ideas for the inside of the 2 doors has also evolved. In the meantime, I need to put together an assembly table in the basement.

Stay tuned.

No comments: