Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday Is For Art: Two Old Wood Pieces



Continued to work on the altarpiece with my friend Stert yesterday afternoon. A few saw cuts and a few drilled holes and assembly with glue and screws is next. Pilot holes with a 1/16" drill bit and more glue and a few nails and the case will be one piece, and ready for the next step. With snow on the ground, table saw work will have to wait, but research for this piece and possibly others can proceed. We picked up the hinges that were backordered on Friday. Work on the 2 doors is next. Since I did not take any pictures yesterday I will post a couple of pieces I made before 1992. Both of these pieces were exhibited at the Carnegie Art Center in Covington, KY in May, 1992. The paintings were done in oil on masonite board and the gold frame is covered with gold metal leaf.

1 comment:

Theslowlane Robert Ashworth said...

Lower one looks especially nice. Upper piece is nice and reminds me of old radios.