Saturday, April 23, 2011

Saturday Is For Art: A few Old Drawings From Past Projects





I have been working on what I hope will be a series of paintings from the photographs I took during the summer of 1964. Long before I actually started to paint, I was thinking about painting these pictures. Now at 68 years, I guess now is as good of time as any to get started. I am in the process of transferring the photos that are printed on 8.5 by 11 inch paper, to the wood surfaces that I like to paint on. I have decided to do a few drawings and then starting painting after the drawings are pretty far along. I have painted one piece, the view looking out from the back of the Norwegian freighter. When I have 4 pieces drawn, I think I will restart painting. Here are a few drawings for past projects.

No comments: