Sunday, October 28, 2012

Barack Obama: He Has My Vote!

Why is it that when white people vote for a white person it is not for racial reasons if he is running against a person of color, but if  black people vote for a black man who is running against a white man, their decision is purely based on race?

In my 70 years, I have seen much, I have read a fair amount of history and I have experienced a few things.

My country has a lot of good people.  They come in ever shape, size and color, and I have had the opportunity to get to talk with and know many of them.  I also know that most people have not had the opportunity to meet, work with or get to know people of color, that are very bright, creative and talented that live and work in these United States.  I am not talking about actors or singers.  I am talking about people of color in the business community.

Why do I bring this up and mention this?  Because Barack Obama is not that different from the many talented people, men and women, that I have worked with and known during my career working with some of the biggest investment firms in the country.  I don't need to see his college records from Columbia or Harvard law School.  He isn't that different from the many people of color I have worked with that have multiple degrees from some of the best universities and colleges in the country.

For those that don't know it, there is an African-American intelligentsia in the United States. Barack Obama is just one of thousands of people of color that are high achievers in their chosen field of endeavor.

So when people that should know better, like John Sununu make cheap racists remarks about Colin Powell, you have to wonder, what are they afraid of?

I am voting for Barack Obama.  I don't think my endorsement will help persuade anyone to vote for him, but I like what he stands for.

After taking over the presidency at one of the worst possible times in our nations economic history, I think President Obama is deserving of another 4 years.  I hope he gets re-elected. He has my vote.

No comments: