Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Christmas Card 2012


This linoleum block was made in 1996, the first year I was living and working in Columbus, Ohio for the OBWC.  I have decided to do another block print project for later and went looking for my cutting tools, and when I found the box they were in, I got energized to make a few Christmas card prints.  This is a home made card using just some sketch paper.  I made a few of these to practice my printing as it has been a few years since I made them in '96.  The background is Golden paint's liquid gold paint and the print is an oil base red ink by Speedball.

Some of you may wonder, why was this old Jewish man making Christmas cards in 1996?  Well, my wife celebrated Christmas, and so I got to go along for the ride too.  I even put up the tree and hung the lights on the tree and decorated the tree.  I wrapped gifts and drove the car to her parents' house on Christmas day. Perhaps if we all helped each other celebrate each other's holidays we could all get along a little better as the mystery of each other's holidays would be removed. Most people are trying to get to the same place, we are just taking different roads to get there.  Merry Christmas & Happy Hannukkah to all!

No comments: