Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Shoes of A Bicyclist



The weather today is warm for January, as the temp is in the 60s.  Yesterday I received in the mail a postcard reminding me that the 7th Annual Ride Cincinnati will be Sunday, June 9, 2013. So, with that reminder and the warm weather, I decided to pump up my tires and take a bike ride over to Spring Grove Cemetery where I usually do my spring workouts. I am happy to report that the collaboration between the bicycle and me continues to work; and, while I am not nearly ready to ride for as long or as hard as I would like, I think by June 9th I will be ready.  I hope to get registered for Ride Cincinnati early this year, and start asking for contributions for breast cancer research to benefit The Barrett Cancer Center.  This will be the 7th year I have ridden in this event and hope to ride the 26 miles again as I have done in past years.  The above photo was taken just before my ride today, and I though it makes an interesting composition.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You see? Great minds DO run together. I set my bike up to ride this morning, before I left for work, so it would be ready to jump on when I get home from work.

A quick 5 or 6 miles will be just what the Doctor ordered.

moneythoughts said...

I agree. As a former lady friend used to tell me, her father said, "great minds run in the same river." I took it on myself today as it is too early to start working like I do in April and May.