Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Celebration of Life and Art: October 2013

This week is a week of relaxation, to some extent, and celebration of being another year older.  Since my retirement at the end of October, 2005, I have painted and made many constructions related to my artwork.  In 8 years, the pieces have so to speak piled up.  I haven't sold much, but that isn't why I paint and make my wood constructions and frames.  I do it because I like to work with my hands; and, I like to take an idea that I sketch on the back of an envelope, and make it into a 2 or 3 dimensional object. A painting starts with an idea and is transferred to a drawing and then the fun begins.  The drawing then has to be broken down into its parts and constructed.  This is what I enjoy.  Sometimes it is a bit of a puzzle, and at other times my hands and head take me where I want to go.  It is like something in the recesses of my head know what to do and all I have to do is carry out their wishes with my two hands. I am going to post a few pieces from the last eight years, and I hope a few of you who read my blog will enjoy seeing them.  These pieces made from wood and painted in acrylics are a few of my latest pieces.
So along with my Birthday this week, I celebrate my artwork production.
2013
2013
2012
2012

No comments: