Monday, July 2, 2012

4th of July is Coming

July 2nd, just a couple of days until The Northside 4th of July Parade at noon down Hamilton Avenue. I missed it last year as I was laid up from surgery on my left leg.  I tore the muscle away from the tendon and had to have surgery to repair my leg.  (Dr. David Argo and the people at Beacon did a great job putting me back together.)  This year I plan to be out there in my folding chair watching the ladies with the folding lawn chairs do their thing along with the rest of those in the parade. Over the years Northside has become more conservative in its parade antics, but there once was a time when the people in the parade really pushed the envelope. Not so anymore, Northside is now middle-class.

So, after all the fighting about issues that concern us all, perhaps we can all take one day to relax and enjoy the sunshine.


4th of July, collage w/ acrylic paint on envelope, by F.D. Zigler.

No comments: