Friday, April 17, 2009

Off To Columbus To talk About Art


Today I am driving up to the Columbus, Ohio area to visit a middle school and show them my art work that I create from styrofoam, cardboard, cereal boxes, glue, gesso and paint. My friend Yolanda is an Art Teacher at this middle school and invited me to talk to her class today. I am looking forward to sharing my interest in art and creating art with these children. Unlike bankers who take cash and turn it into trash, an artist does just the opposite. Artists take trash and turn it into something we call art, and then hopefully we sell it for cash.

With regards to this blog MONEYTHOUGHTS, we need to find more people to send letters or articles to The White House about the credit rating agencies (CRAs). Few people understand the importance these CRAs play in the big picture. I have talked about them and explained about how what they do is vital to the whole credit process. Securitization is not the problem if done the right way, and with true credit ratings placed on the securities. The problem in a nut shell is the conflict of interest between the way the CRAs are paid by the investment bankers that seek the triple-A rating. The investment bankers are paying for the credit rating, and herein lies the problem. I have been calling for the Federal Reserve Bank to take over the responsibility of the CRAs, just as the department of weights and measures is not in the hands of the private sector. Because this is such a small and unknown piece of the credit picture, few have addressed this problem. We all need for credit to flow again for our economy to grow and for our own lives and careers to move forward. Join me and try to get 2 people to write the White House about this issue.

Stay tuned.

No comments: