Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday Is For Art




Here are a few pictures from my day in Columbus, Ohio at the Middle School where my friend Yolanda is an Art Teacher. She invited me to come and talk about making art from materials that usually get thrown away like stryrofoam, cardboard, cereal boxes and materials like that. I had a nice time and I hope that these 8th grade children will realize that making art is something they can do the rest of their lives. Even when they get as old as I am.

Later in the day I hooked up with an old friend, Eric, from my days when I worked for the State. It was good to see Mac and Hutch again at their beautiful offices downtown. I drove back rather late, yet somehow I am up early this morning.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gee, Fred. Just how old ARE you? You talk like you're 65 or somethin'.

moneythoughts said...

I am 66 yrs young.

Kathryn Brimblecombe-Fox said...

Dear Fred,
It is fun going into schools to talk about art. I have done it a few times too and get a thrill when I hear later from parents that their child was so excited about meeting a 'real' artist! And, you are so right about age being no barrier to the doing and/or enjoyment of art.
Kathryn