Saturday, April 10, 2010

Saturday Is For Art & The DIA


I am back home from my trip to Detroit and my visit to the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA). What a fabulous art museum! I could not see everything in one visit, so, I know I need to return and start on the third floor. The Detroit Industry Murals by Diego Rivera were simply stunning and beautiful. And, while the museum and all I could see were so well displayed and presented, this room that is home to the 27 panels that make up Diego's mural was something special to see. Anyone that loves to see great art, and finds themselves in Detroit with the time to explore, could not find a more rewarding place than the DIA.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Jientje said...

I'm glad you had a good time! One always needs to leave something unseen, always keep something to go back to the next time!

Robin said...

I don't think I'm likely to make it to Detroit in the foreseeable future but the exhibit certainly sounds like something worth seeing.