Friday, April 30, 2010

Tomorrow May 1st Let Us Rejoice


Today is Friday April 30th, so, we all know that tomorrow is May 1st. Well, May 1st is the day that I designated as the day we celebrate and say goodbye to those leaving our country because the health care reform legislation passed. A few weeks ago, a number of people said that if the health care legislation passed, they would leave the USA. Well, I thought May 1st, a day known around the work as May Day would be as good a day as any to celebrate the event of those leaving. I want to make it clear, I personally do not care if they stay or leave, that is their choice. I wish everyone in the world had the choice to leave where they are. Unfortunately, we know that is not the case. Some people have no choice as they are where they are, and that is the end of it. Those that are able to leave and have the means to do so, enjoy a special freedom not enjoyed by all of humankind. I was asked if I am having a party May 1st, and my answer is, no there will be no outward celebration. Inwardly, we can take a moment to rejoice in the fact that many more people will have health care in the USA.

Everyone have a safe and happy weekend, and I will be back Monday with more on why the credit rating agencies and the way they do business needs to be changed.

Stay tuned.