Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday Is For Art: 3 Paintings By Simeon Zigler




I don't remember whether I posted these three watercolor paintings before, but if I have, they are worth seeing again. It is nice that I can use my father's art work to cover for me when I don't have any of my own new artwork to post. I don't think my father would mind sharing my blog with me. While I am not as accomplished a painter as he was, I nevertheless put an honest effort to create a piece that might cause people to stop, consider and think about what moved me to paint that picture. As someone who has enjoyed studying history, I have always been interested in the ways we express ourselves outside of the written word. Art and music are just two forms that come to mind that speaks to the human condition without using a spoken language.

Everyone have a safe and happy weekend.

1 comment:

Butch said...

I don't remember the first two but I believe I have seen the third picture. All are very good. I think there is a chance your father was ahead of his time or on equal ground with the greats of his time.

I see your dad in some of your work so don't stop uploading.

Also, here's a thought for your work that is 'not too serious' or Ski Cincinnat. Check out Society6. My daughter and son-in-law have joined. You can find a shared posting I did on Facebook.