Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday Is For Art



Well it is Saturday again. The week goes too fast when you are retired. I had lunch with a gentleman I worked with over 30 years ago on Thursday. It was nice to see him again and catch up. Now I need to look into my portfolio of pictures and see what I can find to post this morning. The top painting is oil on board, and the title is Mother and Child: Level Playing Field Out The Window. I donated the painting, as I donated many other paintings, for the silent auction for the Clifton Senior Center Progressive Dinner in 1995. It sold, but they never asked for another painting from me. I guess it was too political for the ladies on the Art Committee. The bottom painting is oil on paper, and is from my Stamp Collection of paintings. The title is Strict Constructionist. Those of you who are familiar with mechanical drawing from school will remember that you drew three views of an object. There is the front view, side view and top view. Here I am taking a jab at those who want to take to a very narrow view when reading the Constitution. I will admit I do not agree with every decision the Supreme Court hands down. Some cause me to wonder what are they thinking. It's Saturday, go to an art museum or gallery near you and see some art.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know the feeling about selling art. i do some art photography and a local coffee house let me hang some of it up to try to sell. i sold exactly one print, to a man who was subsequently banned from the coffee house, thus eliminating my demographic. ah, well ...

AmPowerBlog said...

Are these your paintings, i.e., your artwork? Quite beautiful.

My dad was an artist/painter, and I fancy myself something of an art lover, when I have the time. Winslow Homer's a favorite, and Mark Rothko.

AmPowerBlog said...

You're very accomplished. I like your work.

May I post some of your paintings on my blog? Our politics might be a little different, but as you can see, I appreciate fine art.

I'd link back to your page, with attributions and so forth.

Keep it up, in any case.

Tom Richardson said...

Hi Fred
I like your blog and your art. My wife and I like to draw and aim to do a little painting on a holiday coming up in about a week.
Cheers
Tom