Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Jan 31st: One Week From Super Bowl XLIV


I have started reading TOO BIG TO FAIL by Andrew Ross Sorkin. The subtitle is The inside story of how Wall Street and Washington fought to save the financial system -- and themselves. The filler about the characters involved, or the bullshit as I would refer to it, reminds me of OUR CROWD by Stephen Birmingham that I read almost 40 years ago. OUR CROWD was about the Jewish families that built the Wall Street firms in the 19th century. I will have more to say about TOO BIG TO FAIL in later posts. There are lots of names and dates in the book which is good, but the important thing for me is to see whether Sorkin can bring it all together. I, like a lot of people that knew what went on in the financial business, have our own ideas as to what caused what. It will be interesting to see if I agree with his conclusions.

Stay tuned.

No comments: