Saturday, May 10, 2008

Saturday Is For Art






Several years ago I painted the first level playing field and gave it to a close friend. We grew up together and have remained good friends for over 50 years. Later, using wine box lids I painted Level Playing Fields No.2 & No. 3. When I started doing my Envelope Collection, as I call it, I painted in acrylic on black paper envelopes that were sent to me in my last job by a small cap money management firm in NYC. The concept of the level playing field is that the level playing field does not exist, but rather it represents what we are striving to achieve. Above, I will post today for your viewing pleasure several of my interpretations of the level playing field concept. I hope you enjoy the show.

In order from top down: Level Playing Field (1990); Level Playing Field No. 2 (1994); Level Playing Field No. 3 (1995); Tribute to Jackie Robinson: Leveling The Playing Field 1947-2007 (2007); Level Playing Field Out The Window (2006). Beautiful computer prints are available and for sale of the last two paintings on 19" by 13" paper. Please contact me if you have any interest.

No comments: