Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday is For Art






It is raining this morning in Cincinnati.

Old men, when they retire, sometimes take part-time jobs. I am one of those old men that is on his second part-time job. My first part-time job, after I retired, was working as a gallery attendant at the Contemporary Arts Center in downtown Cincinnati. The building is new and beautiful, but the contemporary art that traveled in sometimes left a lot to be desired. There were several good shows, but there was also a lot of so so stuff. Well, in the afternoons, I would some times fall asleep, so I quit. Now I work at a historic cemetery and arboretum not far from my house. The grounds at this time of the year are quite beautiful, so I thought I would put up a few photos I took. I am not a photographer. I take pictures. So, on this cold and rainy day, here are a few pictures of a beautiful place I drive around when I am doing my new part-time job.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm. Those pictures look familiar. Nice, but familiar. Sorry it was such a crappy day, today. Maybe it will be better tomorrow.

Butch said...

I'm not a photographer either but I do like what you have posted. I've never been to where ever these were taken but they make me want to visit. To me, that says a lot.

moneythoughts said...

Butch, these pictures were taken at the Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum in Cincinnati, Ohio. The place is on the National Historic Registery and is a beautiful place to visit.

Butch said...

Ah, sometime when I'm visiting my daughter I will need to make a trip there to see it myself. She's in Loveland. By the way, that is how I found you blog, you had visited hers, StephLikestoRun.