Saturday, December 13, 2008

Saturday is For Art










I am presently working on 3 paintings, but unlike some artists that post their work before it is finished, I will hold off until the pieces are completed or very near completed. The one piece that I posted along the way, in progress, was the piece I made out of styrofoam, cardboard, gesso and paint. I thought it might be of interest to some, to see how a piece like this is constructed from the beginning. So today I am going to look for those photos while under construction and post them again. As I no longer have my wood work shop, I decided to try a construction piece using materials that did not require a saw, a hammer or nails. This entire piece is made of paper and glue, then covered with gesso and painted. One of my icons is the "mother & child" that I have used in my paintings and drawings since 1989. I hope you enjoy this week's Saturday is for Art posting.

No comments: