Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Time To Paint


More Richard Nixon tapes have been released and George W. Bush’s interview with Charlie Gibson playing on TV, how could life in America get any better? For a few moments there, it is like a deeply moving religious experience for me, getting to listen to these two Republican presidents from different times, all speaking now to us in the present. The inspiration that their words fill my body and mind are so powerful that I can not waste my time writing about our economy, or bonds, or for that matter anything else. This kind of inspiration calls for me to paint. The call to create political art plays in my head. Enough said, it is time to paint.

Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh boy. I detect a certain bit of sarcasm in this post - I wonder how one expresses sarcasm in paint?

moneythoughts said...

Lou, You can express sarcasm and a whole lot more in paint. Much of my work, political art and political satire, is devoted to expressing my feelings about some of our day's events or non-events. I have never painted figures, like portraits, but I may have to rethink that. Some of our great Republican presidents, like Nixon and Bush, should be immortalized in paint. My problem would be, could I control the paint?

Butch said...

One question, who do you trust?

moneythoughts said...

I trust my dentist with my teeth.