Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Morning in the Queen City


I have a few closing thoughts about the financial crisis that hit this country and then the world this past year.

When I worked for my state, Ohio, I had the opportunity to see first hand and up close how when things go bad, the politicians run for cover and/or throw the nearest body under the bus. As politicians in Washington, D.C. are no different from the politicians in any state capitol, I can conclude that the same is true at the national level as it is at the state. The article last Sunday, December 14, 2008, in The New York Times about the political influence and how that influence had a direct and negative effect upon the financial markets, and how the TV news programs and talking heads have ignored this front page article leaves me to believe that the road a head is going to be rough. The power and fear created by major political players can silence the debate for reform in the regulation of our financial markets can not be doubted. Unless this story gets out, and people know the truth about the mistakes their leaders make, no change will take place. 2009 is just a few days away, and a new president and administration is on the way, and I hope this administration will have the guts to do the right thing. It will be interesting.

Stay tuned.

No comments: