Sunday, May 10, 2009

RIDE CINCINNATI: Update


The conditioning process is coming along. While my legs are getting most of the workout, the rest of my body seems to be coming along too. Now if I could just lose a few pounds of weight this rider doesn't need or want, and the rest would be a piece of cake. I did put new road warrior tires on my bike this week, and they make a big difference. The mountain bike tires needed to be retired as I am not riding on any mountain bike trails. These new tires with 85psi pressure roll nicely, as I can work in at least one higher gear for the same grade of incline. And, the Saturday ride to downtown Cincinnati, to the parks along the river, demonstrated for me that these road warriors by BONTRAGER get the job done. Now with only 35 days left to train, until the ride to raise money for BREAST CANCER RESEARCH for the Barrett Cancer Center of the University of Cincinnati, I am confident that this old body will be ready to ride.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Theslowlane Robert Ashworth said...

Congratulations. Biking can be a great joy and wealth in itself.

Butch said...

Way to go. You are setting a good example for our age class. Next though I would like to see or hear that you have entered the Flying Pig in 2010. You could do the 1/2 or even a two or four person team effort.

The daughters Pig posting.

http://stephlikestorun.blogspot.com/
Keep up the good work.

moneythoughts said...

I ran 5k, 10k and 15k runs in my 40s, but I now find riding a bike a lot easier on my body.