Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday Is For Art




This Memorial Day Weekend I will post the three paintings I plan to enter in a juried art show here in my city of Cincinnati this summer. At my age, I don't like to have my work judged. I paint what interests me. Cincinnati has a long tradition when it comes to some great American artists, or, more correctly Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky artists. Some of these artists' works may even be in your local art museum. The theme of this art show is the American Spirit, and a few people have thought this would be right up my alley. Well, when it comes to Cincinnati, I am not so sure anything here is up my alley. But, nevertheless, for the $25 entrance fee, I will send in my 3 photos and take my 3 chances. The 3 paintings are done in acrylic. The titles are: OBAMA: The American Spirit of 2009; Vanity Fair Covers It; and Mother & Child: Level Playing Field Out The Window. Your comments are always appreciated.

Have a safe and happy holiday weekend.

2 comments:

Kathryn Brimblecombe-Fox said...

HI Fred,

Thanks for commenting on my blog. I have replied to you on my BLOG, but I am not sure if you nominated to receive automatic responses. But, many thanks indeed.

I really like the 3 paintings you are entering in the juried exhibition. Your twist on symbols is very clever. I am certain the paintings are suitable for the theme of the exhibition.

But, I understand your reticence about juried selection. This kind of process which is selection from photographs [either digital or hard copy] can be frought with issues starting with how does the quality of the photograph either augment the art or detract from it?! I have entered many over the years.

Good luck anyway and indeed a subway from Brisbane to Cincinnati would be very 'neat'. Kathryn

moneythoughts said...

Those who have not seen Kathryn's paintings need to check them out. she does beautiful work and I encourage all my followers to check out her work.