Saturday, May 30, 2009

Saturday Is For Art





The two postage stamps, Obama and Vanity Fair, I have decided to place them together as one piece and call it a diptych. If they accept that, then I can enter one more piece. That now appears to be the big piece made from Styrofoam, cardboard, cereal boxes, paper mache, glue, gesso and acrylic paint, titled Mother & Child. I worked on this piece for several months in 2007 and 2008, and I also think it fits for the theme of the show. So, today I will put up four pieces, two of which are to be hung together side by side.

2 comments:

Kathryn Brimblecombe-Fox said...

Your diptych idea certainly does work with these pieces. I look forward to hearing how everything goes.
Cheers,
Kathryn

moneythoughts said...

Thanks Kathryn.

It was really nice to read your opinion on my diptych idea. Now there are two artists that see it.

Yes, I will let you and everyone know if I get in the show.