Monday, June 1, 2009

Washington & Wall Street Incorporated For Profit


Today starts a new month and for me a new project. For the next three months I will be working on writing a story. This is my story, a true story, something that I lived.

Over the last year and three and one half months I have written my opinions about the economy, the markets and the way government policy has affected our domestic economy.

Now it is time for me to try a new strategy and write a book. I do not know if anyone will publish my story, but at this point in time, I feel like I have to make the effort now. So, for the next three months, I am going to be writing this story with the goal of having a book written by September 1, 2009.

I will still write my blog MONEYTHOUGHTS; however, I will be writing a lot less. I have given my blog my best shot, and while I realize what I write about is not the sexiest stuff in the world, I nevertheless think it is important that someone makes the effort to get the story out there.

The basic argument for me is that the federal government has an obligation to protect the investor, private individuals and public pension funds. Fiscal policy and monetary policy in the United States makes saving money over the long term a losing proposition, thus forcing people and institutions to invest in the stock and bond markets. With investing a necessity to reach actuarial assumptions set by actuaries, the investment game needs to be on the level. Making marks out of people by Wall Street’s greedy is not sport, and should not be tolerated the way it has been by the Federal government and is still today. Regulations, oversight, transparency and enforcement of the security laws needs to be brought to the investment industry. Congress has an obligation to the people of the United States to run a clean investment game. It is my opinion that this has not been the case, better regulations are needed as well as need to be enforced. A whole nation of hard working people have been financially crippled because of the greed of a few. This should not stand, but it will take effort to change the way business is done in Washington and Wall Street. W & W incorporated is not a not for profit enterprise.

I will still write a few times a week, but my main thrust will be going into my book. I may recycle some of my old posts if I need to.

stay tuned.

3 comments:

Butch said...

Good luck. Break a pencil? What't the title....moneythougts?

moneythoughts said...

Thanks. No, it is not MONEYTHOUGHTS. I can't give you my title that I plan to use; however, my working title is:

Investments, Politics & Race: A view From the Inside

This is a true story about what happened to me when I worked for the state.

Butch said...

Okay and sorry about the spelling in the previous post.

I will buy it, I have enjoyed your blog so more writing from you will make things better.

It has been a heck of a year already, I just wish I had seen your blog before this. It might make what I have learned today a little easier to cope with and maybe understand. My pension is going to the PBGC. I was an automotive guy. Yes, the automotive industry is in a mess but I do believe they would be struggling along had the toxic assets and the lack of real jurisdiction in our government and controlling bodies had been in place.

Keep the blog going on that note, maybe with luck one of these days someone that is honest and with authority will read it and move.