Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I Support My President For A Public Option


Monday, our Labor Day in the USA, I went to see and hear my president, President Obama. He came to Cincinnati to speak to labor union families and friends. Unlike some who have a problem with a black president, I like Obama and I voted for him and I support his policies. So, I went to hear him speak at Old Coney. While the TV news gives equal time to those that protest against our President, there are many many more inside Old Coney that support him.

Tom Friedman on Meet The Press Sunday spoke up and said a few things that I thought needed to be said about the stupidity of people protesting the President of the United States speaking to school children and encouraging them to stay in school and try to get good grades. Friedman rightfully said, such talk against the President speaking to America's school children is plain stupid. But, we need more people like Tom Friedman to speak up.

While TV news shows will show both sides, be smart enough to recognize nonsense when you see it. We have a smart articulate president, and maybe it is just going to take time for all the Yahoos to get used to a president speaking in complete sentences and using correct grammar.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope the American people are able to see through the antics of the Desperate Right enough to recognize the truth of his vision.

Butch said...

I couldn't agree with you more about which red state won't let the presidents speech be televised to the students but there have been changes made that should have been thought out before he released it which has let some reconsider the speech.

I too voted for the man. I'm independent as hell and won't vote a party line. In someways I feel better about myself for this. I will listen to the the "talking heads" but only for a view point and when they start to get carried away with yelling back and forth and talking over each other or calling names other than birth names I simply cut them off.

I also feel that I have a right to critisize the President when I feel he is being lead or going down a path I think is wrong. Today there is just too many ways to bring back what someone has said. Obama's talk about NAFTA, imports, protecting retirees, the exiting of our nations industries and how to stop all that is on tape or DVD somewhere.

My critisizm is about trying to do too much and the naming of way too many czars to posts that taxpayers are paying for. There is no control of these individuals other than the President. But the question here too is why, why do I need a manufacturing czar? Another question is what is Bloom's manufacturing expertise? Or, what happened to capitalism?

In my humble opinion his drop in ratings is because of the czars, trying to accomplish everything in the first year and starting to look more than something of a leader. We need to stop printing money and have some patience about job growth and employement. He needs to go back to what started this mess and put the czar over Wall Street and Banking first.

Summer Smith said...

Well, on the plus side of the ledger, I saw on the news last night where a school superintendent across the river decided that it was foolishness to bar the President's address to school children, and the speech will air in his district. Unfortunately, our Cincinnati area schools are less tolerant and are not airing the speech -- they are, however, offering copies of it in their video libraries for those who wish to view it. Oh! One school is airing it only for the Social Studies class.

I'm really fed up with the current "zeitgeist" of panic and frenzy! Cooler heads do not prevail because they're afraid to speak up in public! We have a form of mob rule that will eventually prevail (I fear) and destroy the very democracy they feign to support.

Sometimes I'm tempted to think that we needed more Clorox in the gene pool when these nuts were born!!

Summer