Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Is For Sunflowers & The Bengals


This is my birthday week, so I will be writing about whatever I feel like. It may be harsh, or, it may be funny, and it may be harsh and funny at the same time. Today, my city's professional football team, the Bengals, plays a real professional football organization from Pittsburgh, PA. Oh, we love to beat this team at Paul Brown Stadium, and sometimes we do win the game, but the Steeler organization is a real professional football organization that knows what it is doing. They are a model of what a good professional football organization looks and acts like. Yes, I will be rooting for the guys on the Bengals to win, but I know one win against Pittsburgh does not make Mike Brown and the Cincinnati Bengals a good professional football organization. It is my opinion that the Cincinnati Bengals will not be a good professional football organization until the Brown family sells it. Then, hopefully, it will be bought by a real sportsman, and model themselves after the Steeler organization. The Steeler's success over their history is no accident. They KNOW football, period.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Butch said...

Well, I believe it was one win in eight at PB stadium for the Bengals vs the Steelers but today was a much better story. Now, I'm not a die hard football fan, yet I do like pretty much any team that can claim to be from the old black and blue division, but I was surprised and glad to see the team from north of the river come back from a 20 and 9 deficit to win 23 /20. I like Ben and the rest of the Steeler team. I don't know the coach that well but I just wanted to beat their old coach.

Now that it is getting close to Ski Cincinnati time, lets talk Cyclones. Hockey's my game and the Caps are my team, right along with the original 6 teams of the NHL.

Happy Birthday Mr. Moneythoughts (Fred).

moneythoughts said...

Great win for the Bengal players, not the system or ownership. The ownership still sucks in my opinion; however, I am very happy for the guys on the defense and special teams, as I thought they did a great job Sunday afternoon. Keep up the good work.