Saturday, November 21, 2009

Saturday Is For Art


This is going to be short and quick as I promised to help my friend Stert with some stuff with the pickup truck this morning.

Today the Healthcare Bill is up for a vote in the Senate. I hope that a public option survives in the Bill. Lots of people don't want a public option or insurance company reform, but I am on the other side of this issue. I think insurance companies need reform and need to compete. Having a monopoly only serves the owners of the monopoly, and healthcare in the USA, in my opinion, is not something that should be a monopoly or a near monopoly situation. For the millions of people that don't have health insurance, can't afford it or were dropped because they needed to use it, I hope the public option passes. I am a Liberal, and I am not backing down.

My Icons pencil on paperboard, 2004-07. Signed prints available.

Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Yay! I am hoping for health care reform, too. But I had to stop watching the day to day proceedings, it was giving me mental health issues, and I don't have that kind of coverage.

Robin said...

"I am a Liberal, and I am not backing down."

Nor will I. Some knuckledragger started following me on Twitter today. When I clicked on his profile I saw the most offensively in your face neanderthal you could possibly imagine. As soon as I read the insults he hurled at "libtards" as he was blocking them I cordially invited him to save himself the trouble and unfollow me as well, before he's contaminated by my strongly-held and very cherished liberal views.

Gah.

Love the piece here. You've done an amazing job creating the illusion of texture with pencil.

moneythoughts said...

Thanks for the nice comment on my pencil drawing. I don't do Twitter, and I have no plans to start. Sorry to hear you are having a problem.