Tuesday, December 22, 2009

A Picture For Christmas


A few years ago, on Christmas night, I took this photograph of a house at the end of my street in Northside. I like this picture, so, to all those who read Moneythoughts and celebrate Christmas, I post this picture.

Hopefully, in the new year 2010, we may hear more about the idea of the "Level Playing Field". I am not interested in revolution or for that matter leaving capitalism, as I think, as an economic system, it can work. Sports work, but they must be regulated. Without regulation, which is the goal of the "Level Playing Field" there is no contest. We can give a little on inflation, if we can get something from regulation of the capital markets in return.

Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Robin said...

That is one heck of a lamp. Love the way it's backlit by the lights of the tree.

moneythoughts said...

Robin, check out this link. The lamp is from the movie The Christmas Story.

http://www.redriderleglamps.com/?OVRAW=christmas%20story%20leg%20lamp&OVKEY=christmas%20story%20leg%20lamp&OVMTC=standard&OVADID=5649477511&OVKWID=28967062511&ysmwa=xr7ttlYbkrPawtXsd3EuZluFZTJbgtw63UwAF14imRzhON6lX0LkdFdYepiSFtJm

Summer Smith said...

In the dictionary, where it lists "Campy" or "Kitsch," this is the illustration!! :o)!!!

I LUVVIT!! It's a delightful tribute to the "brazen hussy" in every woman and the men who appreciate it!

We need more of this kind of humor.

Thanks, Moneythoughts!

Summer

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

I love The Christmas Story! And capitalism! Yay! I love it when I sell stuff.

Jientje said...

I was wondering about the lamp too, so I checked the link!
It's a great photo, that window looks much alike the one from the house of the movie!
Happy holidays Fred, thanks for the Christmas wishes!

moneythoughts said...

I am happy so many people liked the leg lamp photo. As everyone knows, the leg lamp is from The Christmas Story. If you haven't seen the movie, and you like comedy about Christmas, I think you will like this movie. Having grown up in the 40s and 50s, I thought this movie was right on the money. : )