Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday Is For Art


MY ICONS, pencil on paperboard, 2004-2007.


The shape of this drawing matches an old wood window that came out of the apartment building I lived in for over 9 years in Columbus, Ohio. The most recent owner at the time replaced all the old windows with replacement windows, and this particular window and a few others caught my eye as I arrived from work one evening. The other wood windows are now being stripped of old paint. They will be used in the sunflower series that I hope to be working on later this year. I figure, who would not like an original painting of sunflowers? I have not drawn or ever painted a sunflower, but that doesn't mean I can't try. Who knows what I will see when I look into the face of a big sunflower. I have many sunflowers growing on the side of my house. They stand tall and hopefully, soon, they will bend from the weight of the big sunflowers that are growing at the top of each stalk. Drop back on Sunday and I will post their progress.

Everyone have a safe and pleasant weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool. Looking forward to the sunflowers.

moneythoughts said...

Sunflower updates on Sundays.