Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sunday Is For Sunflowers & The Bengals


The Bengals play Da Bears today at 4 o'clock. The Bengals could use a win to keep hope alive in the Queen City. Last Sunday's loss to the Houston Texans now puts them at 4-2.

The Cincinnati city council elections are this year, and Cincinnati could use some intelligent people on council. I sure hope more than a few really intelligent people win a seat on council. This city could use a few smart people setting policy and trying to bring people back to the city.

The UC Bearcats' football team won again. I missed Home Coming and the free hot chocolate and donuts on Clifton Avenue again. Gee, I wonder if they still do that?

Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Jientje said...

Hot chocolate and donuts. For FREE?
Sounds wonderful!

moneythoughts said...

The Bengals beat Da Bears 45-10. Tied with the Steelers for first place. I admire the Steeler organization, but their win today used up just about all their luck in one game. At least I hope it was all their luck for the 2009 season.

Jientje, next year you can visit Cincinnati and I will take you to the Home Coming parade on Clifton Avenue and you can have all the free hot chocolate and donuts you want.

Summer Smith said...

All of my Bengals-fan friends are happy today and I'm happy for them!

We didn't just win the game -- WE TROUNCHED DA BEARS!!

This is the point where I have to admit that I'm a fair weather fan. Yep! When the Bengals are winning, I'm all for 'em! But even a fair weather fan, is a fan.

GO BENGALS!!!

Summer

P.S. Okay -- this is where the real fans get to dump on the fair weather fans. :o)!!

moneythoughts said...

I am always happy when the team does well. It is good for the city and our local economy. I don't care for Mike Brown, although I have heard he isn't as involved as he once was. There is a big difference in owning a NFL football team, and knowing how to be the general manager of one. Mike Brown is no Paul Brown. Smart owners hire a bright GM and stand back.