Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday Is For Art




The expression "level playing field" is something we hear almost everyday on TV when the talking heads or the politicians are talking about making something more fair or equal. In 1990, I painted the first of my level playing field pictures. I gave to a good friend that I have known for over 55 years now. The second level playing field painting I completed in 1994 and gave it to a fund raiser for the Cincinnati Art Museum/ Art Academy. It sold and hangs in a private collection in Cincinnati. The third level playing field I completed in 1995 and I gave it for a fund raiser in Dayton. It sold too and hangs in a private collection in Dayton. All three were painted in oil on board. The last two were painted on wine box lids that were reinforced in back and then covered with gesso. I have posted these three paintings before, but now you get to see them again.

Everyone have a safe and nice weekend.

Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Jientje said...

So nice to see how you used the same idea and made something different each time. I love all three of them.