Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Is For Sunflowers


This picture is from August 19th, when I borrowed my old camera to take a few pictures. The sunflower leaves are turning brown now and it will not be long before they will all need to come down. I am planning to take a few more pictures before that time arrives. I guess this is it for my favorite three months of the year. They just go by so fast, and every year they feel like they go by faster. There are three months out of the year that I would like to change my location on the planet, and they are January, February and March. I guess without those three months, there would be no contrast, and we all know that a picture without contrast is not much of a picture to look at at all.

3 comments:

Summer Smith said...

There are no endings...there are only new beginnings...with the flowers and the seasons...and everythng else...

Aye - it's the contrasts that make us whole. There can be no salvation without first we fall. If there were no sin, there would be no redemption.

There are paradoxes we just have to "sit" with. :O)!

Summer

Jientje said...

I know, without Fall and Winter we would not appreciate Spring and Summer so much, but that's just what they say. For me Spring and Summer should last forever. Hmmm.

Robin said...

I'm with you - I always mourn the passing of summer and the encroaching darkness of winter. I'd be perfectly content, and probably a lot lighter in general, if summer lasted all year long.