Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday Is For Art & Israeli Literature


The above painting, Mother & Child: Level Playing Field Out The Window - Chicago Edition 2010, is my latest piece of work and is not finished. Yesterday, I put a thin coat of Raw Umber over the gold paint on the frame. The purpose of which is to tone down the gold and give it a more aged appearance. Several of the symbols, painted in black (used GOLDEN's carbon black, great stuff) around the frame deal with Chicago. They are easy to ID.

I am now reading A Tale of Love and Darkness by Amos Oz, an Israeli writer. This is an autobiography of not just one man, but of a people. People that want to know something about Jewish people, that already know the history of the Jewish People, will find that this book will give them an understanding that a history book can not. I have read a few books over my lifetime dealing with history. And, I have also read a fair amount about Jewish History going back 2,000 years. And yet, this book, a book of literature, ties together Jewish History unlike any history book is capable. I highly recommend this book to anyone that loves people, literature and history.

Stay tuned.

No comments: